Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Purple Picket Fence



Today is both exciting and kinda sad.  The painters are here to paint my room, to make it fresh and match the rest of the house.  The sad part is that they are painting over my purple picket fence that has been there now for 10 years.

When I was 13, I had security issues and painted the fence for protection while sleeping and for a romantic girlie garden room.  I had swags over my bed and fabric dragonflies on the walls.  I absolutely loved my room. 

Despite the fact that it hasn't been my part of my style now for years, it is still sad to see it go.  It seems like just yesterday that I painted it myself using the regular kind of masking tape for dividers because they hadn't put the blue painters tape on the market yet.  The thrill of having the fence done and decorating my newly painted room.

It wasn't just yesterday though.  It has been 10 years and the room is ready for a new life.  I am ready too.



Some things are still the same though from 10 years ago which I guess makes it seem like not so long ago.  I still am a dreamer, looking for ways to make the world around me more beautiful.  I love to make things, to be active with my hands and to always be learning new skills (I actually learned to knit when I was 13).  I still have a crush on the same boy as I did when I was 13, although, he is now my boyfriend.

Have a wonderful day.

1 comment: