Thursday, April 29, 2010

Enchantment


For as long as I can remember, I have loved going to enchanted rock.  My family used to go climb the large granite stone every year in the spring.  As I grew up and my schedule became hectic, that tradition faded.  For many years now, I have wanted to go back.

This Saturday, I got my wish.  J, K, D and I all went to climb the rock and enjoy a gorgeous spring day in the hill country.  The day from beginning to end was perfect.




This photo shows looking out over the hill country from the top.  It is just beautiful.


I was amazed by all of the plant life atop the rock.  It was lush and green with grasses, succulents, trees and flowers.  I especially liked these purple ones.

We sat and relaxed at the top, letting our tummies anticipate the wonderful picnic we all had brought to share.  By the time that we came down I was starving.

We had roast beef and horseradish cheddar sandwiches, all sorts of cheeses, crackers, sausages, spinach pinwheels, vegetable and hummus, jalapeno stuffed olives and to finish it off, some sweet cantaloupe.  It was divine.  Just exactly how I like to eat lunch...noshing until my hunger subsides.

Now that we had happy tummies, we ventured off to begin our hill country wine tour.  We visited four great wineries on our way back to Austin.  They have such a fun atmosphere and are the perfect thing to do on a sunny afternoon.

We visited Becker vineyards, a winery that I had done a wedding at last year.  Besides having great wine, they also have lavender fields that were in bloom.



The tastings are extremely affordable, ranging from 5-13 dollars for a varying amount of tastings.  At some of the wineries we even got to keep the glasses!  This is great because I am notorious for breaking them.

I hope everyone is able to enjoy this beautiful season...




and having a wonderful week so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment