Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2010



I can not believe that another year has already gone by. It is amazing how much faster time goes when you are surrounded by family and friends.

2009 was a memorable year for me. I finally decided that Dallas was not home and moved back to Austin to be closer to my family. Enabling this transition was the opening of Amon Design Studio, a business that is focused on calligraphy but is ever evolving and expanding wherever my mind can take me. I have had the opportunity to be taught by some of the most inspirational and experienced calligraphers of the time. People have welcomed me into their homes and lives to create heirloom pieces that mark a special occasion. 2009 taught me about event planning and floral design...who would have known? And the kicker is that I love them both! I do miss the activity of creating arrangements for beautiful homes in Dallas but for now my home will have to do.
The last few weeks of 2009 brought opportunity knocking on my door again as I began cooking dinners for a family in Westlake. Anyone who knows me, knows my passion for food so I was more than eager to begin. They embody the same food philosophy as I, so I am able to create fresh and ethical meals to nourish their bodies and support local agriculture.


As fulfilling as 2009 turned out to be for me, I look forward to and welcome 2010. I am pleased with my life and my career is headed, I am content and moving forward to my goals peacefully. This year I have no resolutions. It is kind of a freeing thought.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment