Saturday, February 23, 2013

Daffodils!


A few weeks ago...these little grassy onion like things started popping up in the front rose bed. Thinking they were weeds, I pulled a bit on them...but the buggers were really tight in the ground.

I thought...maybe they're wild onions and tried digging a few up. While they certainly looked like onions, they sure didn't smell like them so I knew that I had something entirely different on my hands.

Once I saw this little wisp of yellow...I was so excited! Daffodils!!!
I love that these little gems required no effort and were such a lovely surprise. Now, I just need to figure out how to keep care of them!

Also...a few little seedings (or weeds with my luck) started peeking through the dirt in the first area that I scattered seeds (on 2/5/13). There are so many that look the same that I'm very hopeful that they are indeed my Shirley poppies!


They're so teensy tiny, I circled them for you. Will keep you posted....

xo
Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment