Friday, October 22, 2010

Sketch Austin

Two weeks ago, I started a brilliant sketching class with the talented Sharon Zeugin.

A while back I gave you guys a little of my background when it comes to art and drawing, if you missed it you can find it here.

Sharon is the most inspiring and encouraging teacher, making this experience of sketching "in the field" more relaxing than it would normally be by yourself.  I've been busy, really busy, but I have found time to do a few sketches in between classes.  To be truthful, the more I do it, the more I want to do it and the less I want to do what I actually need to do.

I have been finding it difficult to keep up with my blog amidst all of the other things going on in my life.  It seems like I have been blowing through time and I want that to stop.  This might just be the answer to both things.  I have decided that at least for the time being and the time I am in the class, I will be posting a sketch a day (or every two) so that you all can join me on this adventure. Plus it will be fun to have a digital record of my out-and-around-town adventures and daily life.

To start...

 Click image to enlarge

My first sketch in the class...a Vespa sitting in Sharon's driveway.
I actually really like how incomplete it is and I love the geometric shapes.  I am thinking of adding blocks of color.

No comments:

Post a Comment