Monday, March 29, 2010

Friday




On Friday both D and myself were tired of going out to eat, only to be disappointed and thinking that we could probably make something better at home. In Austin, there are a few restaurants that I think are worth spending your time and money at, but in general, it is much easier to have a great meal at home.

Top 5 restaurants worth the wait (there are some new ones I'd like to try though!)

1. Vespaio
2. Uchi
3. Enoteca...shares a kitchen with Vespaio!
4. Food Heads...best lunch spot in town
5. East Side Cafe

There are more restaurants that are great, but I can personally guarantee that these offer me something different that either I wouldn't or couldn't make at home!


So we went to the grocery store (Central Market to be exact) without much of a plan. We decided on fish, not because of lent, but because we wanted something light. I paired it with brussel sprouts from the Thursday farmers market and roasted red potatoes.

The fish is my favorite recipe that I have made time and again. This time we used halibut which I think is my favorite fish so far.

The brussel sprouts I sauteed with shallot and garlic in a pan and then deglazed/steamed them with white wine and chicken broth. They were fabulous!

I hope everyone had a great weekend and are ready to start the week off fresh!

No comments:

Post a Comment