Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Drawing Workshop


And so I am beginning my journey for now...teaching myself to draw. Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain was not available yesterday at the Half Priced Books so I settled on this one. It guides you through projects so that you can experiment with different drawing styles.

This is my first study from the book....drawing what you see. This one was similar to what I had been doing this past weekend in the workshop, so I was comfortable doing it. I have a feeling that the challenges will not be so comfortable as I go along.



This was some coral I found at the Beach in Nassau last week. I picked up some pieces because their simple opulence amazed me.

Another thing that I have learned over the weekend regarding drawing is the time that it entails. I have always thought that drawing was easy for good artists but I have been shown just how much time and patience it takes to really get something right.

The best way to put it is that no one would expect to be able to play the piano well overnight. The same is true for anything...calligraphy, drawing, etc....just enjoy the process of learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment