Monday, July 19, 2010

Flan




So somewhere in my crazy mind, I got the idea that D's grandmother made flan.  Turns out...not so much!  It was just a topic that had come up recently quite often between me and numerous people so I decided it was time to try it for myself.

D had always mentioned Cajeta (Mexican goats milk caramel) when talking about flan, so I knew that this would definitely need to be a component.  Luckily, I came across this recipe for Cajeta.

It was easy but was a pretty involved time commitment, taking over an hour to make.
Definitely worth it.

So I made the Cajeta in advance (knowing that flan wasn't the quickest desert) and placed in in the refrigerator over night.

The next day was flan day!  I had made steak fajitas for dinner and tried my best to save room.  The flan came together more easily then I would have ever imagined.  I suppose I can credit some of this to all my practice in custard making that I have gotten this year.  I used this amazing Cajeta Flan recipe.  It worked perfectly.




No comments:

Post a Comment