Monday, July 20, 2009

It's very nice to meet you!


Hi my name is Bailey and I am the owner and founder of Amon Design Studio, a fine hand lettering, illustration and stationery studio.

Ever since I was a small girl I have been consumed by pattern, textures and techniques. My mother constantly grew weary when she would take me to a store (especially stationery, fabric or hobby stores) and would have to drag me out kicking and screaming. Since then, I have taken on many hand crafting techniques (knitting, sewing, embroidering, quilting...just to name a few) but the moment I tried writing with a dip pen and ink I fell in love. Never have I been so enamored and consumed by a craft. It now makes since to me why I was never much of a computer person and preferred instead to write on paper. I would always be renewed at the sight of the beautifully light blue lined notebook paper that I would buy for school supplies at the beginning of every year.

Since graduating from The University of Texas with a Bachelor of Science Degree in retail merchandising, I have focused on product, floral and event styling. I am so glad to meet you and that I am able to share my work, passions and insight into design with you.

When I am not in my studio, I enjoy cooking (a lot), knitting, taking pictures, gardens, flower arranging, museums and last but definitely not least, coffee.

This week I would like to let you get to know me a bit and I would love to get to know you!


First...












A little jewel of mine...my first canning experiment went right!

I have always been fearful of canning due to common known complications (botulism anyone?) and the stigma of it being difficult portrayed ever since convenience foods took precedence in America. I am here to attest that this was truly a wonderful and rewarding experiment. So much so that I will definitely be doing this again this weekend to begin early on Christmas gifts (sorry for spoiling the surprise).
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment